With the proposed tax law changes and emerging/growing markets like crypto currencies and NFTs, we’ve been inundated with questions around capital gains tax. So, we recently held a webinar in which we covered Charitable Estate Replacement Plans (C.E.R.P.), a strategy that has the potential to eliminate up to 99% of capital gains tax.
A Charitable Estate Replacement Plan is an advanced and proprietary tax strategy that can provide the following benefits:
- A current income tax deduction which avoids up to 50% of your total tax (with a 5 year carry forward)
- Assets contributed grow without tax
- Appreciated assets contributed can be sold or liquidated without tax
- Assets are exempt from gift and estate tax
- Assets are creditor and divorce protected
- Client and heirs maintain total control over the assets in a C.E.R.P.
- Client and heirs will make substantial charitable gifts to their preferred designated charities
We wanted to ensure any of our followers and readers, who may be suffering from boredom or just need a sleep aid, have the opportunity to view the recorded webinar below. Or if you prefer, you can read our original article covering this strategy.
If you're interested in obtaining more information you can schedule a quick introductory Zoom meeting with one of our partners using the button below or contact our office.
Jesse Somdahl is the Director of West Coast Operations at Finance For Thought and can be reached through our office on our website.